For youth groups
Storytelling comes naturally to young people and sharing in each other’s stories has emotional, social and physical advantages. If you’re interested in running What’s Your Story? in your youth group or young adults group, we have several courses and resources available to help you. If you haven’t already, please sign up to access all the courses.
How to run WYS in your youth group
- Look through the courses and resources below and choose the approach you think will work for your group.
- Most courses work best for groups of eight people or less. If yours is bigger than this, we recommend breaking into smaller groups for the duration of the course.
- Whether you’re a new or experienced facilitator, we recommend you go through our short course on how to facilitate a group [hyperlink to resource] before you begin leading a What’s Your Story? course.
- You can use the online course structure and work through the content by downloading the relevant outline and videos for each week, or you can purchase hard copies of the DVDs and booklets for your chosen course.
- If you’d like to run What’s Your Story? in a larger context, view our resources for church, school and workplaces, or browse our full range of courses and resources.
- If you would like help with running What’s Your Story? please contact our team.
“WYS has really changed me a lot. I am no longer judgmental of others. I respect people as they are. I try my best to understand why people behave the way they do and why they are the way they are. I know that there is a story behind every person’s life.”
Resources for youth groups
WYS for Christian Small Groups
This four-session journey will help build relationships and a stronger sense of community within and beyond your small group.Read more
Ask. Listen. Tell.
In this mini resource, Ask. Listen. Tell, we explore how to create safe spaces for story-sharing.Read more
Empathy: Ask. Listen. Tell.
At the core of WYS is the value of empathy. This animation unpacks empathy and the values of Ask, Listen, Tell in a simple way.Read more