Hosting a watch party for In Time?
We have some great questions to help you continue the conversation once you've watched the film.
Read more below or click here to download the full discussion guide.
- What stood out for you in this film? Which characters stood out for you and why?
- Lerumo has a very special relationship with his daughter, Bokamoso. What do you think of their relationship and how do you think they were able to stay in touch when Lerumo worked so far away?
- Felix tells Lerumo, "Trust me, you are doing enough." Do you agree that Lerumo was doing enough as a father?
- What do you think about the foreman's words to Lerumo: "We have control over the fathers we had, but we can have control over the fathers we become."|
- What do you think of Bokamoso's words to Lerumo: "You were here. Your voice was in my head all the time. Your love was enough. Dad... you have been there for me all along, your voice I've felt within me, always guiding me, encouraging me, supporting me."
- What’s one thing you feel encouraged to think about or do after watching this film?
Looking for help?
If you or someone you know was impacted by this film and would like help to take the next steps in their journey, there are many different organisations in South Africa doing great work to support fathers and families.
Click on the link below to find out more about some of these support organisations.
Read our interview with director Rea Rangaka
Pictures by Mark Lewis
Behind the scenes
Pictures by Andrew Norgate and Mark Lewis
- Running Time: 25min
- Release Date: 24 September 2022
- Rating: PG
- Genre: Drama
- Language: Sepedi, Sesotho
- Director: Rea Rangaka
- Cast: Mpule Matlhola, Aubrey Mmakola, Miles Petzer, Charles Baloi, Thandi Makhubele
- Written by: Zolisa Sigwanda