What’s this position about?
The award-winning social change NPO Heartlines is recruiting for a multimedia journalist and content creator for a 3-month contract, with the possibility of a longer-term contract.
Heartlines, the Centre for Values Promotion, promotes positive values through
story. Find out more here.
Does this sound like you?
- Telling stories and I are best friends and I’m good at spotting unique and compelling ways to tell stories.
- I know how to write copy for various forms of media: blogs, articles, tweets, social media posts, brochures ... you name it, I can write it.
- Creating audio-visual content and I are in the same WhatsApp group.
- I know my way around a camera and basic editing software, take decent pictures and am willing to learn where needed.
- I like going places, talking to people and capturing their stories – and I would be prepared to travel occasionally, sometimes on a weekend.
- I have a high level of integrity and a willingness to serve in a team. I am self-motivated and have the ability and initiative to navigate challenges.
- I am good at time management, communication and always aim to produce work of a high standard.
If you’ve said YES to all of the above, here’s what the job entails:
- Going into communities and capturing stories from various Heartlines events for blogs, social media posts, etc. in a way that resonates with Heartlines’ values.
- Multimedia content production: producing quality editorial, digital and audio-visual content.
- Internal Heartlines communications, including intranet content development and basic design tasks.
- Social media management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) - including creating posts, publishing, moderating and monitoring performance.
- Photography, videography and basic audio-visual editing.
What are the practicalities?
- This is a 3-month contract position, with a view to a longer-term position.
- Must be based in Johannesburg.
- Must have driver’s licence and access to reliable transport.
If this sounds like you:
Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A concise CV highlighting all your work experience (paid or voluntary), education and/or skills relevant to this position and at least two references (no more than 2 pages).
- A Facebook post (mini blog) of 250 words on which value South Africa most needs now – and why. Include a pic, meme or GIF to accompany your post.
- Three ways you’d improve our current website.
Mark your subject line: Multimedia content creator application
Closing date for applications: Monday, 18 July 2022. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Wednesday, 20 July.
Salary: Market related
Starting date: 1 August 2022 (or as soon as possible)