Heartlines seeks a Project Manager to lead the development and implementation of the Fathers Matter project across South Africa www.fathersmatter.org.za.
The Project Manager will be the primary point of contact with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate must be passionate about promoting the positive and active role of men in the lives of children. The candidate must be comfortable with Heartlines’ values-based approach and open to work with faith groups and many other social actors.
The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO of Heartlines.
- Provide overall leadership of the project
- Ensure consistency across the various project activities
- Ensure the project key messages are sustained throughout the project implantation process
- Lead all internal project planning sessions and project reviews
- Manage overall project budget, progress, deadlines and adapt work as required
- Manage relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Manage relationship with project funders
- Report writing and other project writing when required
- Give input into and final approval on all content developed for website, social media, WhatsApp, audio-visual, radio, and written resource
- Work alongside the Creative Producer in the production of six TV films to ensure consistency with project key message
- Work closely with the Research & Monitoring and Evaluation teams to ensure appropriate project data is collected, analyzed, and reported
- Optimize and improve processes where necessary
- Find new collaborative opportunities for the project
- Lead the Fathers Matter team
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in any discipline, but a Social Science, Communication or related field of study would be an advantage
- At least 5 years' work experience
- Relevant work experience in community development and/or social change communications programmes
- Experience in project-managing multi-year donor-funded projects.
- Experience using project management software and other productivity tools
- A leader who knows their weaknesses and is happy to ask for help
- A good networker
- An excellent team member
- Excellent spreadsheet, database, and analytical skills
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- The ability to communicate in another South African language such as isiZulu would be advantageous
- Highly competent in MS Office programs
Please email a letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4 August 2021.