Visual communication designer / all-round graphic designer
What’s this position about?
The award-winning media NGO Heartlines is looking for an all-round graphic designer / visual communication designer to be part of our in-house media team.
Does this sound like you?
- I love making boring text and copy look fresh and funky
- I believe that design is not a job but a way of life
- I can design anything: brochures, layouts, infographics, banners … you name it
- I know what CMYK stands for – and how to use it
- I know how to edit video footage & how to take good photos
- I believe not all photos are created equal – but Photoshop can help level the playing field
- I know the difference between Corel and coral
If you’ve said YES to all of the above, you also need:
- A diploma or degree in visual communication, graphic design or a related qualification
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Bridge, Encore, Illustrator, Photoshop, Media-Encoder, InDesign, After Effects)
- An aptitude for video editing
- Knowledge of MS Office
What are the practicalities?
- This position is in Johannesburg
- Occasional travel and overtime may be required
How about personal values and abilities?
- A high level of integrity and a willingness to serve
- Ability to adapt and multi-task, to meet deadlines and to work independently as well as in a team
- We need a TEAM player – no time for egos around here
If this sounds like you, do this next:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- A concise CV highlighting all employment (paid or unpaid), tertiary education and skills relevant to this position (no more than 3 pages)
- Selected examples of any graphic or video work you’ve done before
- A reference letter from a previous employer, colleague or mentor.
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2016.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Friday, 15 April.
Salary: based on skills and experience.
Starting date for position: 1 June 2016.