Opportunity closing date:
Monday, rx 5 December, 2016
Experienced social researcher to do theoretical research to inform our programing as well as to oversee evaluation studies and publications. May do this work while holding down other employment such as at a University. Work in a vibrant and flexible environment at the forefront of some South Africa and the world’s most pressing social issues.
Heartlines is a South African based NGO that promotes the values that underpin the rights and responsibilities enshrined in the universal declaration of human rights in order to lead to a more equitable, caring and just society. Our objectives are: to create an enabling environment for personal and societal change on key issues through film and television narratives supported by bespoke resources, social mobilisation, advocacy and facilitated dialogue.
Heartlines wants to dramatically increase our capacity for in-house research and evaluation. The points below provide an indication of what would be required of those who apply for the position of research manager:
- Knowledge of research and evaluation designs is imperative. This includes knowledge of randomised experiments, quasi-experimental and non-experimental research designs.
- Collaboration/management of independent research companies and Universities.
- Proposal writing.
- Conducting literature reviews.
- Questionnaire design.
- Data collection methods (qualitative and quantitative).
- Data analysis (qualitative and quantitative).
- Comfort in working with programmes such as SPSS, STATA and AtlasTI.
- Report writing.
- Designing monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Writing for peer reviewed journals.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a master’s degree in either the social or public health sciences.
- At least 10 years of work-related experience in the social or public health sciences.
- At least one first author publication in a peer reviewed journal.
Please do not send CVs unless you meet our minimum requirements.
Market and experience-related; negotiable
CVs can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 5th of December 2016.