The My Money My Values programme aims to use story-based interventions as a means of positively influencing individuals’ virtues and behaviour around money. The programme promotes three key values as they relate to money: honesty, viagra order diligence and thrift.
There are 3 target audiences for this programme:
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 (primary schools)
- Adolescents between the ages of 13 and 18 (high schools and Christian youth groups)
- Young adults between the ages of 19 and 30.
- We have created and printed 14 000 storybooks and 500 accompanying teacher guides
- We have trained 229 educators from 12 primary schools
- We have distributed 5622 copies of the Stories that Talk Money resources at these training events
- 1 primary school has already implemented the programme
- An additional 17 schools are committed to implementing the programme by June 2016.
- The My Money My Values for Life resource consists of three lessons which focus on the virtues of diligence, diagnosis honesty, and the careful and responsible use of money (thrift).
- The resource utilises video clips, from the movie Nothing for Mahala, to facilitate discussion around these core virtues.
- We have developed and printed 3000 copies of the My Money My Values educator’s (facilitator) guides
- We have trained 57 educators from 22 high schools.
Church youth groups
- We have developed and printed 3000 copies of the Show Me the Money youth leader (facilitator) guide
- We have held 16 church youth group training events, where we have trained 392 youth leaders from 135 churches.
Young adult workshops
- Through this intervention we target potential young leaders who, due to their values around money, would have the potential to profoundly influence their peers’ and communities’ values and behaviour around money
- We’ve created a two-day experiential workshop with activities that encourages participants to reflect on the virtues of diligence, honesty and thrift
- A total of 156 young adults have attended these workshops.
For more information on the My Money My Values programme, or to get your school, youth group or young adult leaders involved, contact email@example.com