It’s evident our nation needs some real conversations about values and money. In 2013 the award-winning NGO HEARTLINES presents Nothing for Mahala: a campaign on values and money.
This campaign was designed by Heartlines, prescription an award winning South African NGO that uses stories to get people talking about values. Heartlines has produced films such as Nothing for Mahala and has also run various nationwide values campaigns for churches (www.heartlines.org.za).
What are our objectives with this campaign?
We want to touch hearts and transform pockets – in a good way. This campaign aims to:
- Get the nation talking about values & money
- Positively change how we earn, save and spend our money – and how we give it away
- Highlight organisations offering practical skills on money management
Our hope is to see individuals, families and society transformed about social issues such as materialism, indebtedness, crime, corruption, overspending and job creation.
How can I follow the campaign?
- Get your family, colleagues, faith group, business, etc to watch the film
- Make use of Heartlines resources for youth, civic society, Christian and faith-based organisations to start a conversation about values and money
- Follow the ongoing conversations on radio, TV and print media from July 2013
- Join the conversation on our Nothing for Mahala page
To promote the campaign, we’ve been hosting a number of roadshows around the country. We’ll also be hosting pre-screenings of the film in selected regions. To find out when and where our next roashows or pre-screenings are, go to our Events calendar.
If you’d like your organisation or community to be part of this campaign, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download photo reports from the Values & Money Community Campaign