Position: Media Assistant
What’s this position about?
The award-winning media NGO Heartlines is looking for a media assistant to be part of our in-house media team. Heartlines believes in the power of values-based story to touch hearts and transform lives.
Find out more at www.heartlines.org.za
What will I do?
- Update existing social media accounts and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) on a daily basis
- Upload videos, photo albums, etc
- Find new ways to grow the company social media platforms
- Initiate conversations with our fans and followers on a daily basis
- Report findings and new ideas to the team
- Investigate new social networks
- Update the company website from time to time
- Press release writing and media targeting
- Media relations management (telephone, email and social media)
- Content creation and copywriting.
What skills and experience do I need?
- A diploma or degree in Journalism, Media Studies, Communication, PR or languages
- Two or more years of formal media or communication experience
- Excellent written, grammar, spelling and presentation skills
- Experience with various social media platforms
- Ability to identify with our target market and speak to that audience in the Heartlines tone and voice
- Knowledge of existing and new online tools such as tweetdeck, Mailchimp, Facebook advertising and others.
Anything else that would improve my chances?
- Fluency in additional South African languages is highly favourable
- Knowledge of digital media software such as Photoshop or other graphic design software is advantageous
- Knowledge of video editing software such as Adobe Premier, iMovie, Final Cut, etc. is advantageous.
What are the practicalities?
- This position is in Johannesburg
- Occasional travel is required.
How about my personal values and abilities?
- A high level of integrity and a willingness to serve
- Ability to adapt and multi-task, and to work independently as well as in a team
- If you believe in the power of media to make a positive difference, you should apply today!
I’m sold – where do I apply?
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
- A concise CV highlighting all employment (paid or unpaid), tertiary education and skills relevant to this position (no more than 3 pages)
- A reference letter from a previous employer, colleague or mentor
- A 250-word paragraph on why you are the media assistant of our dreams.
Closing date for applications: 10 November 2014.
Salary: based on skills and experience.
Starting date for position: 5 January 2015.