Are you a student or graduate looking for work experience?
Are you inspired by social entrepreneurship and media for social change?
The HEARTLINES internship programme may be just what you’re looking for!
HEARTLINES, the values-based multimedia NGO is looking for 4 highly inspired individuals to be part of our 2014 internship programme, no rx running from May to December.
Objectives of the HEARTLINES internship programme:
* To provide interns with practical experience within HEARTLINES that complements their field of study and/or their future aspirations or field of work,
* To promote among interns a better understanding of social change through media, social entrepreneurship, community engagement and to give them an insight into how HEARTLINES innovates and seeks out solutions for social problems through our media campaigns,
* To expose the interns to HEARTLINES initiatives, and have them become ambassadors of living values in action,
* To create a community of shared learning exchange during and after the internship, enabling interns to work comfortably across various socio-economic, racial and ethnic communities.
The applicant must:
* be one of the following:
a high school graduate, enrolled in a tertiary learning programme (FET college) in a university under-graduate or graduate school programme, or recently graduated and unemployed at the time of application, commencement and during the internship,
* be a self-starter, and not require micro management,
* be willing to work in, on, and across projects, programmes, and focus areas within HEARTLINES (and its affiliate organisations Young&Able and forgood),
* have good written and verbal communication skills,
* be good with people, and possess a keen interest in developing their own social, emotional, and cultural intelligence,
* have the potential to be, or is computer literate in standard software applications
* have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of HEARTLINES and have a personal commitment to the values upheld by HEARTLINES,
* have the potential to/demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with persons of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
Other important things you need to know:
* A basic stipend will be provided to all successful interns
* The internship period is from May to December 2014.
* Closing date for receipt of CVs: Friday, 4 April
* Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to complete a further, more detailed application and motivation process.
* Successful candidates must be available to commence the internship on 1 May 2014.
All applicants must meet the requirements of the internship programme.
Applicants will be shortlisted and will be contacted via e-mail and requested to complete a more detailed application, which will lead to a process of interviews.