Transforming a society requires key partnerships. Over the years, Heartlines has built up an extensive network of key supporters and partnerships, they include:
- Leaders of all major religions
- The Departments of Education, Arts and Culture
- NGOs nationally
- SABC radio and TV
Since its inception, The Mass Media Project has received funding from a wide variety of sources, both domestic and international. We are most grateful to all of them. They have contributed in a variety of ways, enabling us to carry out our work successfully and effectively.
We strive to be good partners to our funders – delivering on what we have committed, adding value to our funders, and reporting back to them in a professional manner. We appreciate that funders are increasingly willing to entrust funding to us for long-term programmes extending beyond one year. This enables us to plan effectively and to schedule resources in a timeous fashion.
Our major funders have included:
- First National Bank
- John Templeton Foundation
- Lombard Insurance (Pty) Ltd
- The National Lottery Commission
- Nedbank Foundation
- Nedbank Limited
- The Raith Foundation
Our film, Nothing for Mahala, was successfully funded through the support of the following partners:
- The Department of Trade and Industry
- The National Film and Video Foundation
- The Industrial Development Corporation
We thank our co- producers, Quizzical Pictures, for the cost and financial accounting services which they provided.
Our latest film, Beyond the River, has been produced through the support of the following partners:
- The principal sponsor of the film is the National Lotteries Commission, with additional sponsors Discovery, Vodacom and ADreach. Funding has also been received from the National Film and Video Foundation, the KZN Film Commission and the DTI Film Rebate programme.
We thank all our funding partners for their financial support and for their genuine interest in the work that we do.