HEARTLINES, the values-based multimedia NGO is looking for a highly inspired individual to be part of our 2017 Internship Programme, running for 1 year from mid-April 2017.
Objectives of the internship programme:
* To provide intern with practical experience within HEARTLINES that complements their field of study and/or their future aspirations or field of work.
* To promote among interns a better understanding of social change through media, social entrepreneurship, community engagement and to give them an insight into how HEARTLINES innovates and seeks out solutions for social problems through our media campaigns.
* To expose the intern to HEARTLINES initiatives, and have them become ambassadors of living values in action.
* To create a community of shared learning exchange during and after the internship, enabling intern to work comfortably across various socio-economic, racial and ethnic communities.
The applicant must:
* be up to the age of 25 years.
* be willing and able to do manual labour (e.g. carrying boxes with resources).
* have a diploma or degree in or containing administration logistics and coordination, and unemployed at the time of application.
* be a self-starter, and not require micro management.
* be willing to work in, on, and across projects, programmes, and focus areas within HEARTLINES and its affiliates.
* have good written and verbal communication skills.
* be good with people, and possess a keen interest in developing their own social, emotional and cultural intelligence.
* be literate in Microsoft Office.
* have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of HEARTLINES and have a personal commitment to the values upheld by HEARTLINES.
* have the potential to/demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with persons of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
Other important things you need to know:
* A basic stipend will be provided to the successful intern.
* The internship period is for a year from mid-April 2017.
* Closing date for applications: Friday, April 7.
* Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to complete a further, more detailed application and motivation process.
* Successful candidates must be available to commence the internship on mid-April 2017.
Prospective applicants must forward a detailed CV accompanied by motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 7 April 2017.